Friday, March 28, 2014

This is a Blog

Welcome to my blog. What is this blog about? Well I'm going to design some like card game and board games. The blog is here to track the progress of actually designing them. I am doing this because I am interested in seeing what makes a good game. Mostly this project give me a chance to explore different mechanics and different kinds of games. 

So far I got some ideas. Like chess but with different armies. It's an idea that has already sort of been done, but I have some ideas to expand upon it. I've planned out some armies that operate on different win/loss conditions. Otherwise, haven't made much progress besides that. Something I need to look up is the nonstandard pieces, like that jumpy one that moves diagonally. It would probably also be a good idea to look at other chess variants and see what differences they make. 

Biggest real issue I can see in the future is testing the games out. That will probably take a bit of time, and also I will need to find volunteers to play. Those are all the concrete plans for now; I have a couple vague concepts for card games, but I need to flesh those out more and it would be a good idea to take this one at a time so I don't get overwhelmed. Who knows though, I may move be able to get more done than I expect. That's all for now, see ya.

3 comments:

  1. Such a cool idea, Griffin. I definitely want to get in on testing out your games. I love card and board games...part of my family tradition...and I am super competitive. You'll have to look into how to patent your game and maybe even sell it to Hasboro Bros if it works out! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Griffin I will definitely volunteer to play your games for you. I can see this being a pretty tough project but it'll be so incredibly cool when you finally finish and have a whole game to call your own! If I could give some advice, I think card games will be easier to come up with, but board games will definitely be more original

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea, Griffin. It's very different and clever! I don't think it will be that hard to get people to volunteer to test out your game. I think if many people like it, you could sell it to a game company; as Mrs. Hechlik said. I hope your 20 time project works out and i am looking forward to seeing your next blog posts.

    ReplyDelete